FESTIVAL: AUGUST 17-19, 2018 MUSIC CAMP: AUGUST 13-17, 2018
DIRECTIONS TO NESS CREEK SITE
FROM SASKATOON, SASKATCHEWAN:
Take Highway 12 to Blaine Lake. Highway 12 ends at a stop sign here; the intersection has two gas stations. Turn right onto Highway 40.
Continue on Highway 40 for 55 km until you come Highway 3 (a T-intersection).Turn right and head towards Shellbrook. At the edge of Shellbrook, turn left at the Northwood Esso gas station, onto Highway 55. You are now headed North.
Approximately 5 km North of Shellbrook, turn left to remain on Highway 55. This is the turn most-often missed, so watch for it carefully! You are now going North-West. Travel along Highway 55 for 73 km.
Option A: Just before Big River you will see the Carriere Lumber Mill on the left. You need to turn right onto Revo Road 922 (marked, provincial road sign) BEFORE you pass the mill. Approximately 20 km along Revo Road 922, turn right at the Nesslin Lake sign and follow signs for Ness Creek.
Option B: Continue to Big River and take the Range Road 3075 out of town. Continue straight for 9 km and connect with Revo Road 922. Approximately 5 km along Revo Road 922, turn right at the Nesslin Lake sign and follow signs for Ness Creek
The Northern Lights Bluegrass & Old Tyme Music Festival/Camp is hosted at the beautiful the Ness Creek Site, Saskatchewan.
Many visitors to Saskatchewan find their way to the Prince Albert National Park. Although most people are more familiar with the East Side of the Park, increasing numbers of visitors are now heading to the Wild West Side. This less-developed side includes a wild Plains bison herd, lakes that have retained their pristine qualities, and a relatively untouched slice of boreal forest.
A hub of activity on the West Side, the Ness Creek Site, is home to a variety of cultural and artistic activities, as well as 40 km of trails and all-season cabins, offering visitors to the area opportunities for hiking, biking and cross-country skiing.
While the Northern Lights Bluegrass & Old Tyme Music Festival may take place in a beautiful remote location there are many on-site amenities for your convenience including:
Food Vendors , an On Site ATM, Fire Pits, Modern Washrooms, Children’s Playground, Hiking Trails, Rustic Camping, Water Tanks , First Aid and Hydration Stations
Ness Creek Campground
Festival Camping is included in your weekend ticket price. Ness Creek is a rustic camping site with limited services & no electric sites
Gates open at NOON Friday.
PLEASE NO EARLY BIRDS – MUSIC CAMP WILL BE IN PROGRESS
The festival site must be vacated by Monday noon.
No Glass allowed.
No Recording Devices.
This is an all ages family festival – No Festival Beer Gardens, so bring your own beverages, and keep it in your campsite area!
There are bears and other wildlife in the area. They generally stay away from large, noisy groups of people but while we’re there it’s a good idea to HAVE BEAR SENSE.
Festival & Camping Rules / Regulations
Our festival is successful when everyone involved follows the rules! We are considered a multi-generational festival open to all ages and our rules and regulations ensure every one has a fantastic time!
- Gates open Friday at NOON, campers must vacate by Monday at noon – NO EXCEPTIONS!
- No glass bottles allowed. No fireworks allowed.
- 15 and under MUST be accompanied by parent or legal guardian for the weekend.
- Respect your neighbors. We welcome one and all to Northern Lights Bluegrass and Old Tyme Festival and Music Camp.
- LIQUOR MUST REMAIN AT YOUR OWN CAMPSITE.
- Fires are allowed in designated pits ONLY. If conditions are very dry, there will be no fires at all. Fires must not be left unattended.
- Driving on site at night is prohibited. If you are driving in or out of the festival site, please remain under 20 KM. Gates to camping fields will be closed at 11 PM.
- Stay under the stars, not behind bars. The Big River RCMP will be monitoring the roads leading home, and they are very diligent. DO NOT DRINK AND DRIVE.
- You are in Bear Country. Keep your campsite clean, store your food away from your tent, and dispose of garbage and recyclables at the stations provided. Read about Bear Sense.
- Northern Lights is family-friendly. Our Children’s Area has an unsupervised playground. Please supervise your children in this area.
- Remember – forest fires more often than not happen due to human error. Always be respectful when lighting up, and take care of your own butts!
- Smoking is allowed in designated areas in the downtown area ONLY. Please no smoking in the seating or dance area.
- Water is available, but there is limited supply. Bring your own water, and conserve, conserve.
Ness Creek On Site Rentals
For accommodations on-site at Ness Creek (based on availability) contact email@example.com
INFORMATION FOR RVers
There are no size restrictions on RVs and the site is very accessible.
The Ness Creek site offers basic festival camping and there are non-serviced RV spots. The site is approximately 22 kms on gravel road from Big River.
If you prefer an alternative to the non-serviced camp spots at the festival site, a number of options can be found on the Big River website.
Please follow this link. http://www.bigriver.ca/tourism-and-rec/accommodations
Wish to bring your pet?
Pets are discouraged, but will be allowed under the following conditions:
- Pets must be on a leash at all times.
- Pets are not allowed in the main festival area.
- Pets must not be left on a leash unattended at campsites, and must either be in your vehicle or in your camping unit when unsupervised.
- Droppings must be cleaned up immediately by owners.
- Unruly pets will be asked to leave.
Why not treat your pet to a spa holiday, and drop them off at our nearby pet resort on the way to the festival? Current Vaccination papers required, call for details.