Festival Camping is included in your weekend ticket price.
Ness Creek is a rustic camping site with limited services & no electric sites
Gates open at NOON Friday.
PLEASE NO EARLY BIRDS – MUSIC CAMP WILL BE IN PROGRESS
The festival site must be vacated by Monday noon due to MUSIC CAMP.
No Glass allowed.
No Recording Devices.
This is an all ages family festival – No Festival Beer Gardens, so bring your own beverages, and keep it in the campsite arena!
Please read the Festvial & Camping Rules / Regulations below
There are bears and other wildlife in the area. They generally stay away from large, noisy groups of people but while we’re there it’s a good idea to HAVE BEAR SENSE.
Festival & Camping Rules / Regulations
Our festival is successful when everyone involved follows the rules! We are considered a multi-generational festival open to all ages and our rules and regulations ensure every one has a fantastic time!
- Gates open Friday at 9 AM, campers must vacate by Monday at noon – NO EXCEPTIONS!
- No glass bottles allowed. No fireworks allowed. 15 and under MUST be accompanied by parent or legal guardian for the weekend.
- Respect your neighbors. We welcome one and all to Northern Lights Bluegrass and Old Tyme Festival and Music Camp.
- LIQUOR MUST REMAIN AT YOUR OWN CAMPSITE.
- Fires are allowed in designated pits ONLY. If conditions are very dry, there will be no fires at all. Fires must not be left unattended.
- Driving on site at night is prohibited. If you are driving in or out of the festival site, please remain under 20 KM. Gates to camping fields will be closed at 11 PM.
- Stay under the stars, not behind bars. The Big River RCMP will be monitoring the roads leading home, and they are very diligent. DO NOT DRINK AND DRIVE.
- You are in Bear Country. Keep your campsite clean, store your food away from your tent, and dispose of garbage and recyclables at the stations provided. Read about Bear Sense.
- Northern Lights is family-friendly. Our Children’s Area has an unsupervised playground. Please supervise your children in this area.
- Remember – forest fires more often than not happen due to human error. Always be respectful when lighting up, and take care of your own butts!
- Smoking is allowed in designated areas at the main stage. Please no smoking in the seating or dance area.
- Water is available, but there is limited supply. Bring your own water, and conserve, conserve.
There are a number of resorts, campgrounds and hotels in and around Big River.
- Big River Hotel 469-2030
- Poplar Point Resort 469-4987
- Delaronde Resort 469-4462
- Pickerel Point Resort 1-888-371-3383
- Classic View Resort 469-5728
- Delaronde Lake Campgrounds 468-2800
- Timberland Motel 469-4888
- Sturgeon River Ranch 469-2356
- Chez Nous Bed and Breakfast 724-4799
- Nesslin Lake Campground 227-WILD
- Morning Mist Bed & Breakfast (Toll Free: 1-877-424-2717)
- Ness Lake, Hackett Lake and ZigZag Bay 469-7744 or 469-5633
- OR rent a camper from Retro RV Rentals 1.800.394.4521
Wish to bring your pet?
Pets are discouraged, but will be allowed under the following conditions:
- Pets must be on a leash at all times.
- Pets are not allowed in the main festival area.
- Pets must not be left on a leash unattended at campsites, and must either be in your vehicle or in your camping unit when unsupervised.
- Droppings must be cleaned up immediately by owners.
- Unruly pets will be asked to leave.
Why not treat your pet to a spa holiday, and drop them off at our nearby pet resort on the way to the festival? Current Vaccination papers required, call for details.